Established in 1985, Hiscox Cases Ltd. is the brainchild of Brynn Hiscox, a professional guitar maker. Being acutely aware of the lack of quality cases on the market, he used his engineering background to design a case that stood up to his exacting requirements. Brynn’s customers demanded cases that had higher protection but with LESS WEIGHT.
We at Hiscox Cases are only too aware that in this fast moving, hectic world, it is so easy to damage precious musical instruments (traveling with a stringed instrument). That’s why our ‘Liteflite’ range of cases have been designed to give those instruments the finest protection possible from a light weight case at a reasonable price. Find out which spec is right for you.
Hiscox Cases are sold in 20 countries worldwide as well as to more than 600 UK retailers and instrument makers. This popularity is no accident – it is achieved by consistent Quality of Product, Quality of Service and Value for Money pricing.
Hiscox Design Benefits
The main highlights of the Hiscox product range when compared against other available musical instrument cases on the market, are as follows:-
- Hiscox Cases are wholly manufactured in the U.K. and carry a full three-year warranty.
- The products are always manufactured with the primary objective of instrument protection and on average carry a crush resistance rate greater than 500kg.
- The outer ABS shell material is chosen not only for its high impact resistance, but critically for the ability to chemically bond to the inner moulding during the manufacturing process creating an extremely strong yet light weight COMPOSITE structure.
- The inner moulding of the cases is manufactured from a blend of polyurethane insulating foam which has been developed and is UNIQUE to Hiscox Cases. It is a closed cell semi-rigid low weight design which gives the following qualities, all of which are included to protect the instrument within the case:-
- High level of shock protection;
- Excellent structural rigidity when bonded to the outer shell;
- A high level of thermal insulation protecting against rapid temperature changes. More information.
- It is developed to bond directly to the fabric case lining during the manufacturing process, with no use of secondary adhesive.
- Aluminium Valance: – Unique to Hiscox design. Although Hiscox cases are not guaranteed waterproof, the double “lip” lid to base mating feature helps to stop water ingress in rain/shower conditions. View our testimonials.
75% of the aluminium rim is hidden from view behind the ABS shell. All of the hardware (except one or two feet) is riveted into this vitally important metal rim.
- All fixings including the catches and handles are fully tested. It is believed that their security is second to none.
- Hiscox Cases unique internal padding can be customised, often at minimal cost, so that a vast range of instrument sizes can be made to be properly supported. No other case supplier at Hiscox price point offers this facility.
Find out about Hiscox Liteflite Cases
Evidence of their strength, temperature control & lightness.
We feel that it is important that you understand what makes our Liteflite Cases different from any other case on the market.
All Hiscox cases are guaranteed for a maximum period of 3 years against faulty materials or workmanship. In case of defects in materials or workmanship, Hiscox Cases Ltd. agrees, at its discretion, to repair or replace a defective instrument case without charge.
In order to claim under this guarantee, please contact the retailer or supplier you purchased the case from. Hiscox Cases will then liaise with the retailer. Hiscox Cases will repair or replace the case at their discretion, and return it to you.
No responsibility is assumed for incidental or consequential damages, nor for damage to the case due to accident, unreasonable use, neglect, alteration or other causes not arising out of defects in material or workmanship.
This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights. Hiscox Cases Ltd. reserves the right to amend the specification of any of their products at any time.
All statements made within this website are true as at the date the website was created. With reference to branding and the recognised external Hiscox badge, some products manufactured by the Company during the mid-1990s were sold with internal Hiscox badges due to either special order or other reasons. From 2015 Hiscox Cases moved the logo to the handle of the case and stopped using the metal badges.